Supply Chain Director
Occulus International is partnering with its global Beverage client to look for a talented Supply Chain Director who will act as the main point of contact for all supply chain responsibilities for the China market and management of critical relationships locally, regionally and globally. This is a newly created opportunity to establish the local Supply Chain and the opportunity to build the success of the function in this market.
As the Supply Chain Director – China, your key responsibility acts as the main point of contact and facilitation between the different Regional and Global Supply Chain functions and Corporate copackers and suppliers involved with China-based productions. You will hold direct responsibility for all activities related to products produced locally with the key contract packaging relationship. The scope of this role will be to partner across the regional supply chain, third parties and its customers to lead project Portfolio Management & Process Governance and provide packaging and production capability advice to both internal and external customers. You will additionally support global and regional functions in matters such as Suppliers Audits and Certifications, Procurement, Quality, R&D and Manufacturing, Demand Planning, Customer Service & Logistics directly related to operations in China.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant disciplines (example Science, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering / Design, Operations Management);
- Extensive Supply Chain experience, ideally minimum 5 years of experience in FMCG industry in China within multinational companies; and experience in the Beverages sector is advantageous;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a leadership role with direct or indirect reports in China and previous experience in a supply chain manufacturing operations based role with a diversity of functional experiences;
- Superior communication and relationship development skills; both within Corporate environments and externally with supply chain/manufacturing partnerships;
- Fluent in Mandarin and English, and fully familiar with the technical jargon in both languages;
- SAP / Project management / PPM platform experience is advantageous;
- Significant CI / Lean / Six Sigma process improvement experience is desirable;
- Ability to travel nationally up to 50% of the time.
We will be contacting suitable candidates for interviews; and the entire recruitment process will be conducted in English including Written Assessment as part of the final stages of the recruitment selection process.