Senior Project Manager
Our Client, an experienced full-service joinery company with diverse sector capability operating Australia-wide, is looking for Senior Project Managers, responsible for multiple projects and assisting the management team in various support capacities.
Opportunities are available in both NSW and QLD.
Key accountabilities include:
- In all activities, working towards creating a climate of mutual trust
- Completing the project in compliance with the clients/stakeholders expectations of time and quality
- Communicate internally any opportunities for client/stakeholder relationships
- Promoting a friendly professional working relationship with clients
- Identifying where possible, value add opportunities for clients in the work being undertaken
- Interpretation of the Contract documentation and any subsequent variation instructions from the Client
- Preparing shop drawings – presenting to Clients and consultants for review and approval
- Downloading programs for machines
- Updating registers with the company
- Ordering and tracking all materials and hardware orders for your project
- Monitoring production from start to finish – assisting factory team as required
- Monitoring Client’s program to report to Operations Manager on any issues that may delay the progression of works
- Attend site coordination meetings and visits as required
- Managing Head Contract conditions including overall responsibility for timely delivery to the Contractor’s program
- Administering variations that may occur in accordance with the Limits of the Authority
- Managing and resolving Head Contract claims
- Archiving of contract records at the completion of the project.
- Ensuring appropriate controls are in place to ensure the company’s interests are best protected at all times
- Establishing and maintaining Project Management Plans for allocated projects
- Managing project resources
- Establishing and monitoring target program
- Determining project specific risks, goals and opportunities
- Determining and monitoring procurement program
- Proactively seeking opportunities to improve overall project performance
- Leading and monitoring project completion activities
- Managing the target program and its implementation
- Ensure appropriate programs are in place & utilised correctly
- Ensuring an appropriate level of quality is achieved (as per contract)
- Managing design and documentation process (as applicable)
- Identifying any specialised training needs of staff
- Delegating tasks to the team to achieve most efficient outcomes
- Motivating staff to work as a team to achieve project objectives
- Mentoring staff to assist in career advancement
- Minimum 10 years experience in Building and Construction industry.
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face to face.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Solid time management/organisation skills
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.