Senior Operations Engineer
Our client is seeking to appoint a Senior Operations Engineer that can support, manage and assist in their growing complex infrastructure for various SaaS solutions.
Senior Operations Engineers within the Global SaaS Operations team are responsible for maintaining our production hosting environment.
You will leverage a common toolset to monitor, track, and analyze the logs and metrics produced by the many platforms.
Using data to deliver a positive user experience and appropriately scale systems to meet demand via automation.
The right candidate must:
- Have significant knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Have a solid knowledge of networking
- Be familiar with load balancing technology, both soft and hardware-based
- Have previous experience of operating in one of the top three public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Understand application hosting systems such as Apache, IIS, NGINX, Tomcat
- Know how to leverage logs and metrics systems to troubleshoot and track software applications
- Have experience of escalation and alerting systems such as PagerDuty
- Be a good communicator, both verbally and through documentation
- Be familiar with ticketing systems
- Be self-sufficient and diligent in a “Work from Home” environment
- Be a motivated self-starter, able to take direction, own and run with it
- Have previous exposure to and understand agile methodologies
- Understand the requirements and duties of a global support team mentality
Above all, you will be a willing team member, open to support your colleagues, robust in both pre-emptive and reactive situations with a cool head at all times and your eye on the critical path to success and resolution.
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch.
Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.