Senior Network & Infrastructure Engineer
Occulus International is partnering with a leading Australian tech client to look for a Senior Network & Infrastructure Engineer based in Sydney.
- Senior technical resource for the Systems Engineer team
- Responsible for ensuring smooth running of the global server and network environments
- Oversee and coordinate, maintenance and support of the server, storage and networking equipment, and action where needed
- Be the escalation point and senior technical resource for any systems related issues and projects
- Perform on-site and remote technical support and system administration of various server architecture, and networking architecture
- Oversee the monitoring of systems health and handle alerts related to hardware
- Responsible to coordinate emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule where necessary
- Document environment and systems as they are maintained and deployed
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various projects to include servers, network equipment, and software applications.
- Contribute to technical strategy, policy, and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role, with a minimum of 2 years as a senior resource or team leader
- Experience working with server and storage hardware (multi-vendor rack mount servers, SAN, direct-attached storage, etc)
- Networking skills in administering and maintaining switches, routers, and firewalls
- Deep understanding of switching and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, RIP, OSPF, GLBP, HSRP, etc)
- Windows Server administration (2012R2 and later)
- Linux operating system administration
- Active Directory configuration and administration
- Exchange Server administration
- Hyper-V, VMware, and KVM administration
- SQL Server installation and configuration
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.