National Manager Inventory Strategy
The National Inventory Manager is responsible for the thought leadership and delivery of key initiatives regarding inventory strategic direction, policy setting, commercial analysis, continuous improvement, and management reporting for all inventory held in the client’s value chain.
A strong focus on commercial analysis, collaboration with key internal stakeholders (especially Sales, Merchandising and Finance) and supporting growth in new and existing markets must be underlined with the ability to ensure policies and plans are effectively executed through the IBP, SC Planning and DC operations teams.
Responsibilities also include:
- Ensuring the client have the right inventory mix to achieve customer (DIFOT) and financial goals (GMROI, turns, absolute value).
- Working closely with key stakeholders to ensure our client have the best in class (low) levels of slow-moving, obsolete and excess stock in the network.
- Ensure our clients are responsive to market changes and merchandising decisions – ensuring inventory holdings and network utilization metrics promote and support business growth imperatives.
- Ensure our clients have policies, processes, master data, and systems to facilitate changes to sales, ranging, and substitution decisions.
- Benchmarking our client’s inventory health and investment returns against best-in-class and identify initiatives to improve inventory quality, availability, and velocity.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Inventory quality turnaround experience, with rapid results focus and a proven ability to own the problem and support/guide stakeholders to transform the business.
- A track record of driving inventory improvements in a DC environment.
- Inventory management experience in a high volume, unit-level pick, and parcel environment.
- Strong commercial acumen in budget development and financial modeling.
- Strong analytical skills
- Thought leadership ability with critical analysis and decision-making skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple stakeholders
Key Characteristics and Competencies:
- Takes bold action and challenges the status quo.
- Focuses on innovation and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Brings teams together to achieve business outcomes and recognizes and rewards contribution.
- Self-starter with an eye for detail and inquisitive nature that can look for patterns and problems.
- Strong self-management, organization, and delegation skills.
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness.
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.