L2 Storage Engineer
Our client a global business that is expanding it’s technical presence in Australia and is looking for a L2 Storage Engineer to support high availability production systems in a very large enterprise-level environment with multiple global datacenters. The role is based in Mascot Sydney.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures completeness of technical requirements and functional architecture analysis for the support of system business solutions.
- Identifies requirements gaps or issues.
- Determines systems specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Works with impacted areas to ensure proper communication/review of requirements and support.
- Installs, configures, and tests infrastructure modifications.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for current and new technology.
- Makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed.
- Designs, plans, and leads testing efforts and coordinates feedback of test results.
- Escalates problems as needed.
- Ensures performance meets the present and future needs of the business.
- Forecasts utilization patterns and identifies modifications or upgrades.
- Designs reports to identify patterns and trends.
- Analyzes metrics to understand performance and identifies opportunities for continuous improvements.
- Investigates alternative methods to expedite problem resolution.
- Recommends procedures and controls for problem resolution or creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Researches, analyzes, and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes, to rectify current problems or similar future problems.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Requires one of the following for 3-5 years of experience, SAN “Brocade”, “Cisco” or equivalent, Block “Dell EMC”, “Pure Storage” or equivalent, NAS “NetApp” or “Isilon” or equivalent, Backup “Avamar”, “Cohesity”.
- Relevant certification is required.
- Experience working within an enterprise ticketing system – incidents, requests, change control – preferably Service-Now
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.