GM Logistics Operations
The GM Logistics Operations role is responsible for leading the strategic direction, improvement initiative identification, tactical planning and operational management of all DCs and related satellite distribution sites in our client’s network.
The role will continuously work to develop and provide leadership that inspires, motivates and empowers the team to deliver a safe work place, a high performing culture, efficient warehousing and logistics, and customer-centric solutions. Consistent and constantly improving performance standards will be critical in supporting underlying sustainable profitable growth for the business.
A strong focus on commercial success, people development, collaboration (internal and external) and supporting growth in new and existing markets must be underlined with the establishment of a continuous improvement culture amongst the operations team.
Headline responsibilities also include:
- Driving the rollout of company values across the DC network, establishing clear roles / responsibilities / accountability amongst all members of the team
- Co-leading (along with the Executive Team) client’s demonstrated commitment to safety, ensuring high levels of team engagement and risk awareness across the operations
- Establishing a national DC leadership team / capability that drives consistent processes, systems usage, data visibility, performance reporting, and leadership standards through the state DCs
- Benchmarking our operations performance against best-in-class and identify initiatives to build capability, dramatically improve customer responsiveness and drive unit costs lower through the process
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated success in multi-DC national leadership role
- Demonstrated turnaround experience, with rapid results focus and a proven ability to build teams
- Demonstrated track record of driving cultural change in a DC management environment
- Demonstrated management experience in a high volume, SKU-level pick and parcel environment
- Strong commercial acumen in budget development and finance
- Deep experience in developing, upgrading and implementing WMS, labour management and contractor management systems
- Strong communication skills – from the Boardroom to the shop floor
- Demonstrated thought leadership ability with critical analysis and decision making skills
- Proven program delivery skills, commercial acumen and managing key stakeholders
- Strong influencing skills and ability to make and execute effective decisions
- Deep knowledge of state legislation for OH&S and Industrial Relations
- Proven background in Industrial Relations negotiations
Key Characteristics and Competencies:
- Exemplifies the company values – better and smarter together, always improving, passionate and professional, accountable for today and tomorrow
- Takes bold action and challenges the status quo
- Focuses on innovation and continuous improvement
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem solving ability
- Brings teams together to achieve business outcomes and recognises and rewards contribution
- Fairly and consistently applies policy and expectations
- Strong self-management, organisation and delegation skills
- Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness
Deep understanding and awareness of systems development and automation to enable organisational and capability step change.
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.