We are currently working on behalf of our client to recruit a General Manager (Victoria). They are a market leader in the Records Information Management sector. The role is responsible for the financial and operational leadership of the state business operations across Victoria and South Australia. You are accountable for the achievement of the Budget and its supporting business plan, service delivery to customer SLA, standards and compliance and operational excellence.
- Manage the operations and service delivery of each Record Centre(RC) under your responsibility.
- Setting clear and measurable targets for performance (hourly/daily/monthly) to meet Budgets and Performance Ratios (labour, transport, revenue, and EBITDA per team member) and delivery of schedules and projects.
- Review, analyse, interpret and act on daily operational reporting (Power BI) with acute tracking of productivity and labour performance.
- Review, analyse, interpret and act on daily operational reporting (Power BI) with acute tracking of metrics for delivery, quality, safety, and cost.
- Support COO in Design and implementation of business strategies, plans and procedures that create efficiencies in service delivery whilst maintaining quality.
- Recommend & implement for approval automation and optimisation programs of work that underpin the realisation of the company strategy. Track outcomes and deliver results.
- Review regularly financial reports (such as forecasts) to identify risks to devise solutions or improvements.
- Oversee labour hiring (permanent and temps), allocation, training and management.
- Train, mentor, motivate and lead direct managers to achieve profitable operations and performance excellence. Further to drive a high-performance culture daily throughout their Teams for the outcome of quality service delivery and operational excellence.
- Provide regular guidance and feedback to Team Members through induction and throughout their employment facilitating their development and continual compliance .
- Manage processes (SOP) and workflows adherence to ensure non negotiables of operations are met.
- Support internal processes and SLA with customer care/success teams that impact the customer.
- Analyse problematic situations (SLA delays, quality issues, Customer complaints) and provide solutions and guidance for correction to protect the company.
- Ensure full operational efficiency, complying with procedures and targets through the fostering of productive working relationships between customers, and branch and interstate personnel.
- Maximise the utilisation of Company resources, ensuring the achievement of Company objectives.
- Drives front-line governance over all business activities within your state, as required at law or by Company Policy manuals/directives, and especially ensures improvement programs are achieved as they might relate to workplace safety and other areas of significant risk to humans or the company.
- Direct the personal activities of all directly reporting personnel; measures, reviews and sets priorities, and delegates duties to subordinates. Recruit, counsel, develop and discipline personnel as required.
- Deals with major customers, representing client at senior levels and fostering strength of business partnership at multiple levels. Liaising directly with Management and account teams in these instances to ensure contracts and relationships are managed as per the Process and Policies defined.
- Deliver reports and plans to Leadership as required.
- Participate in M&A expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.).
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.