General Manager Logistics
Occulus International is partnering with a leading retail and e-commerce apparel business based in Sydney to look for a GM Logistics. You’re responsible for all logistics, distribution, and outbound transportation activities across the Australia/New Zealand markets. Provide leadership and strategic management. Collaborates with the in-country leadership team and counterparts in other regions to establish priorities on strategic growth initiatives, efficiencies and special projects. Ensures best practices are deployed throughout the client’s logistics supply chain while leveraging existing client corporate relationships with service partners. Ultimately ensures all operations, projects, initiatives, and processes are planned and completed within required time frames and conforms to established policies, objectives, and budgets.
- Lead the end to end logistics network across Australia and New Zealand including all warehousing & distribution operations, 3PL management, e-commerce providers, outbound transportation network for Australia and New Zealand including customs clearance;
- Create an environment for continuous improvement, initiatives that deliver strong and sustainable performance results, and ROI for the organization.
- Analyze, prepare, negotiate and validate distribution facility leases, contracts, and equipment, working with corporate legal and finance departments for processing contract agreements;
- Ensure contracts for outbound freight (Australia and New Zealand) are regularly reviewed and, where necessary, conduct freight tenders to ensure best-practice services are being provided.
- Ensure contracts for external labour hire providers are regularly reviewed and where necessary conduct tenders to ensure best practice.
- Establish KPI’s and vendor compliance programs in partnership with the business to drive operational excellence and best practices. Monitor and hold stakeholders accountable to ensure performance meets or exceeds expectations.
- Lead regular business reviews to highlight any deviations to KPI expectations and develop corrective action plans; Internal (Business departments) External (3PL and Transport providers)
- Prepare annual Logistic financial budgets while monitoring spending monthly to ensure costs are within budget; Communicate and escalate any significant variances and propose corrective actions;
- Work closely with business leaders to align strategies supporting new and existing market-specific execution and growth;
- Leverage leadership experience and skill to plan and execute tactical goals
- 10+ years in a leadership position in international distribution and logistics with concentration in Australia market;
- Ability to lead large teams across multi-locations;
- Familiarity with SAP and Manhattan WMS software
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.