We are currently working on behalf of our client to recruit a Fleet Manager based in Melbourne. The role is responsible in ensuring the Company’s transport operations are profitable, optimized and maintain the quality standards of service set by the Company. The Fleet Manager has the responsibility of managing the national fleet of cars, vans and trucks across the country and 3rd party relationships, with focus on delivering the business requirements of safety, compliance, and profitability.
• Main point of contact for all fleet-related matters.
• Build, with COO, stakeholder involvement and implement transport operations plan with standards and operating procedures clearly defined.
• Lead training, mentoring and development of the national transportation team to achieve operational excellence and deliver financial targets.
• Analyse equipment and operational tasks to optimize routes and resource utilization.
• Measure key performance indicators to ensure the fleet & drivers always adopt a continuous improvement and customer focus mindset and drive improvements to support growth and innovation.
• Own and manage commercial agreements with 3PL transport providers.
• Assess regularly and engage sub-contractors/drive 3PL transport providers and all associated fleet suppliers service quality with focus to achieve improvement and reduce costs.
• Fleet asset management end-to end with management and reporting of all fleet records and adherence to a scheduled maintenance program. Working closely with finance as required.
• Ensure all transport processes and operations are fully compliant with legislation, regulations and internal procedures and controls.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Fleet Manager
• Knowledge and understanding of Transport Industry, CoR (Fatigue Management, Load planning and Mass Management), Dangerous Goods Awareness and Segregation requirements.
• Team leadership experience.
• Previous experience in a senior transport leadership position.
• Demonstrated experience directly managing 3rd party logistics partnerships.
• Experience in Transport Contract management and tender processes.
• Proven excellence in commercial, process improvement and analytical acumen.
• Lean principles, continuous improvement, and performance excellence.
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.