Occulus International is looking for a Field Engineer based in Sydney. You will be responsible to provide technical support to operational networks.
- Assembles and configures network components and associated services.
- Sets up and maintains all types of network operations, including assembly of network hardware, and aids the network administrator.
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as required.
- Installs, upgrades, and configures network printing, directory structures, rights, security, software, and files services.
- Provides users and colleagues with technical support.
- Establishes network users, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
- Installs and tests necessary software and hardware.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Compiles data for preparing estimates.
- Performs audits to support facility planning.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Complete understanding, comprehensive knowledge, and experience working with and troubleshooting Windows and MacOS workstation environments, in particular:
- Windows desktop/notebook (XP, 7, 8, 10, Embedded).
- Complete understanding, comprehensive knowledge, and experience working with MS Office 2007, 10, 13, 16/365
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with and troubleshooting the following server platforms:
- Windows Server (2008 & R2, 2012 & R2, SBS 2008/’11, 2016, 2019)
- Understanding of and hands-on experience configuring devices using Apple iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience managing/maintaining Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and cloud services such as Microsoft Office 365 (and related platforms).
- Knowledge of and experience using virtualisation technologies as well as fundamentals in management of clustered virtual environments and VDI.
- Knowledge of and experience managing networks, network hardware, networking concepts (TCP/IP, VPN/Tunneling, Routing, DNS), and the ability to troubleshoot a variety of networking issues.
- Knowledge of and experience troubleshooting wireless systems including end-user devices, access-points & wireless controllers.
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.