Our Client, an experienced full-service joinery company with diverse sector capability operating Australia-wide, is looking for an Estimator, responsible for producing accurate estimates by following policies, procedures goals whilst considering the unique project and client requirements for each project. Opportunities are available in both NSW and QLD.
▪ Estimating Manager will allocate projects estimates based on workload of the Estimating Team and the timelines required from the prospective Client.
▪ Maintain dialogue with the Estimating Manager about progress on estimates.
▪ Proactively seek assistance/guidance from Estimating Manager and broader business members where required
▪ Clearly flag and identify risks or opportunities on tenders to enable commercial decisions
to be made by the management team
▪ Manage workload to ensure estimates are completed within the reasonably allocated timelines
▪ Maintain a clear understanding of market conditions and competitor activity
New Business / Client Management
▪ Ensure the businesses CRM is always current
▪ Update CRM on allocated projects during the preparation of estimate and after submission (including following up the respective Client)
▪ Ensure tender protocols dictated by the tender are adhered to
▪ Seek direction where the tender protocols are not consistent with the operating procedures
▪ Actively participate in the identification and pursuit of new business opportunities
▪ Leverage professional network to put forward new business opportunities
▪ Maintain a ‘point of contact’ relationship with clients
Award; Handover & Delivery
▪ Prepare and participate in handover meetings to the delivery team
▪ Ensure the handover provides access to all necessary information to the delivery team regarding scope, departures agreed during negotiations and specific risks or opportunities
that will need to be addressed during delivery
▪ Assist in negotiation and award of supplier contracts for all key materials
▪ Preparation and administration of project variations in consultation with the Project Manager and Site Manager / Supervisor to ensure all entitlements are obtained
▪ Liaise with delivery team to assist in identification and claim of any variation entitlements
Post Project Close Out
▪ Work with the delivery team and Commercial Manager to identify successes and learnings from the project to permit continuous improvement in bids and process
Health; Safety & Environmental
▪ Actively promote the importance of HSE in all areas of the business
▪ Ensure compliance with all HSE policies; standards & practices
▪ Minimum 5 years experience in estimating in the joinery & cabinetmaking industries
▪ Trade experience in carpentry and joinery preferred but not essential
▪ The position will have accountability for varying number of projects
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.