We are currently working on behalf of our client to recruit a Distribution Centre Manager based in Campbelltown (Sydney).
As DCM you are responsible for day-to-day operation of the Warehouse/storage facility and you will be accountable for leading the service delivery to customer SLA, meeting standards and compliance and delivering operational excellence. Further, you hold the important role of leading and motivating the field team to deliver performance through their productivity and continuous improvement.
· Monitor relevant daily and weekly productivity statistics to ensure efficient (Labour resource, transport, revenue, and EBITDA matching to budget/workload) via Power BI reporting tool.
· Drive the effective utilisation of storage capacity tools to ensure optimised space density.
· Identify areas to improve operational efficiency/effectiveness and recommend action plans to State GM.
· Develop a high performance-based culture ensuring that all team members under your control have:
a) Staff Inductions and training plans are clear on commencement.
b) Goals & Objectives (GAO’s) are set where applicable.
c) Monthly progress review sessions.
d) Quarterly performance reviews.
e) Development plans documented where applicable.
· Ensure all site staff, visitors and contractors comply with all occupational health and safety policies, procedures, and operating instructions.
· Ensure compliance to all operating procedures and site checklists.
· Ensure the site is maintained in accordance with requirements and always kept secure.
· Complete and maintain all daily, weekly, and monthly reporting as required.
· Maintain compliance with all company policies, procedures and regulations relating to WHS, Security, Quality ISO standards, Global Incidents, and facility standards.
· Effective management of ORMA (Operational Risk Management Action Reports).
· Actively engage staff in WHS discussions to reinforce and build safety as a culture.
· Ensure team resources are trained and competent to achieve strategic objectives.
Skills / Experience Required:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience managing people within a warehouse/storage environment.
· Ability to build and develop successful long terms relationships with customers, direct reports, other teams, and departments.
· Strong people management skills, with the ability to focus and guide others in accomplishing work objectives, using methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team, facilitating the competition of team goals, while valuing each employee as an individual.
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
· Project management skills and experience.
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills and experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Inspires others to achieve.
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.