National Transport Planner
We are working on behalf of our client to recruit National Transport Planner to be based in Erskine Park (Sydney). The main responsibilities and experience required is documented below. Ultimately the successful candidate will contribute to the growth and success of the business.
- Responsible for training, developing, and mentoring team drivers and managing subcontractors to achieve and exceed operational and financial metrics.
- Analyse equipment and operational tasks to optimize routes, resource utilization and subcontractor management.
- Asset management, adhering to a scheduled maintenance program.
- Measure key performance indicators to ensure the fleet & drivers always adopts a continuous improvement and customer focus mindset, and drive improvements to support growth and innovation.
- Manage commercial agreements with 3PL transport providers.
- Ensure all transport processes and operations are fully compliance requirements.
- Partner and drive 3PL transport providers, suppliers and customers to continually improve operations/service and reduce costs whilst meeting organisational objectives.
- Provide insight, advice, and support to the Distribution Centres on strategies and initiatives to maximise operational efficiency.
- Ongoing support of Distribution Centres in utilising transport planning tools, including the generation of regular reporting and insights for Logistics leadership teams.
- Ensure compliance to all operating procedures and site checklists.
- Monitor relevant daily and weekly productivity statistics to ensure efficient – ensure accuracy in reporting tools, eg. Power BI.
- Drive operational efficiency / effectiveness.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing people and equipment within a road routing transport operation.
- Knowledge and understanding of Transport Industry, CoR (Fatigue Management, Load planning and Mass Management), Dangerous Goods Awareness and Segregation requirements.
- Team leadership experience.
- Warehouse experience.
- Previous experience in a transport leadership position.
- Demonstrated experience directly managing 3rd party logistics partnerships.
- Experience in Transport Contract management and tender processes.
- Proven excellence in commercial, process improvement and analytical acumen.
- Lean principles, continuous improvement, and performance excellence.
If you have the above skills and experience and are interested in this role, please submit your CV and one of our Directors will be in touch. Only people with working rights in Australia will be considered at this time.